With engagement season in full effect, a bridal updo post is in order. I’ve been doing wedding trials non-stop, and I recently did an updo that is perfect for anyone with shoulder length to long hair. This classically pretty style can be done in about 30 minutes and is sure to last throughout the whole day. For this style you’ll need: a 1” curling iron, medium hold hairspray, a brush, a comb, and plenty of bobby pins.
- Start off by spraying the hair with a medium hold hairspray of your choice (ECRU New York is one of my favorites), and brushing it through to distribute it evenly throughout the head. This gives hair memory, so that the curls that you create last.
- Use your 1” curling iron to curl all or your hair in the direction going away from your face.
- Take a horseshoe section of your hair in the middle of the crown, tease it with your comb to create a little height, and pin it into place in the back.
- After you pin the section at the crown, you’ll be left with two sections hanging on the sides in the front of the head. Twist each one of those sections and pin them in the center back of the head.
- Finger-comb through all of the curls in the back to break them up create texture, then pin the curls up loosely in the back. Use as many bobby pins as necessary until the style feels secure.
- Pull out a few wispy strands out around the face and at the nape of the neck to create a romantic look; and give the hair a final spray to hold the style in place.