More and more brides have chosen to pass on the super-structured wedding updos of yesteryear, in favor of styles that give them that coveted, “I woke up like this” look. As a bridal hairstylist, I’ve noticed that a lot of brides-to-be are requesting to wear their hair down, and they want it to look as if it hasn’t been fussed with. Loose waves are an extremely modern look for exchanging nuptials on the big day, but hair that looks effortless, often takes a lot more effort than you’d think. As with anything else, having the right tools are essential in order to make it last all day. To get gorgeous boho bridal hair, you’ll need: mousse or a root lifting spray, a blow dryer, a medium hold hairspray, a 1” curling iron, texture spray, and finishing cream.
Start of by saturating your hair with either mousse or root lift spray, and brush the product through the hair to distribute it evenly.
- Flip your head upside down and blow dry the hair with your head flipped. This will give the hair height and volume.
- Section your hair whatever way is easiest for you to when curling. Next, spray your favorite medium hold spray to each section, and brush through the hair.
- Curl each section with a 1” curling iron is alternate directions, so the curls won’t be too uniform.
- Once your whole head is curled, run your fingers through them to loosen them up, and apply a texturizing spray (my favorite is DrySpun Finish by Bumble and Bumble) to the waves to give them a lived in feel.
- Shape the hair until you reach your desired look, then lock in the style with hairspray.
- Finally, use a finishing crème to tame baby hairs and fly aways, and you’re all done!
Although wearing your hair this way alone will be a gorgeous wedding style, a fun accessory (such as a hat, flowers, or a clip) elevates the style to the next level.