Finding a perfect style for a wedding can be a daunting task, not because they’re hard to find, but because there are so many great ones. I always say, when in doubt keep it simple. And what could be more simple than a bun? I recently did a bridal trial with a client and we utilized a bun in 3 ways; and they all looked gorgeous. I’m going to show you how to recreate these styles so that you’ll be wedding ready. All 3 hairstyles are suitable for both brides and bridesmaids.
For all 3 styles, you need to start off with either hair that has been blown out with a round brush, or hair that has been set with large curls.
Classic Bun :
2. Gather hair into a loose ponytail in the middle of the back of the head, and secure with a bungee.
3. Wrap the bun very loosely to create a large bun, and secure with U-shaped hairpins (not bobby pins)
3a. For shorter hair, you may need to use a mesh donut or even a sock to create the appearance of a larger bun.
4. Continue to shape the hair and spray it in place.
Half Up Bun:
2. Tease the hair at the crown of the head and spray it to hold volume in place.
3. Gather all of the hair loosely from the top section, twist it into a knot shape, and pin it in place with U-shaped hair pins (not bobby pins).
4. Let the clipped bottom section loose and brush it.
Spray the style with a medium hold hairspray to keep it in place.
- Tease the crown and sides of the hair to create volume and spray the tease hair to maintain the body.
- Brush all of the hair back to create a low ponytail at the nape of the neck.
- Secure the hair with a bungee.
- Twist the hair into a knot shape and secure with bobby pins.
- Spray the style with freezing spray to keep it in place.